Tuesday, November 13, 2007

10 weeks....time is going too fast!

I'm sad!

His time as a tiny little newborn is just going too fast for my liking. I want time to stop so I can savor every moment of this stage in his life, I want it to slow down so I can drink in every smile, every giggle, every sweet tender moment. I'm happy that he is growing because that means he is healthy but at the same time it's with a bittersweet outlook I have that he will soon be rolling over, sitting up, crawling, and moving on to being a big boy. My sweet little baby will grow just like his older siblings did, and he will do it too fast. When people say time goes faster the older you get, they are unfortunately all too correct. I can't believe it's almost Christmas again!

Garrett is doing great though. He had his two month appointment last week and he was 11 pounds 6 ounces, 23 inches long. His only problem is that he has sensitive skin and must be drowned in lotion several times a day. He has had a stuffy nose for the past month or so, which they are unable to really treat as he is too little for cold meds. His biggest accomplishment this month was learning to smile. Is there anything more heartwarming than seeing this little guy's eyes light up and the corners of his mouth start to turn up, then next he is all out just beaming up at you? It totally melts my heart. The best time is right before I leave for work everyday, he usually is awake and lying with daddy in bed, and he just wrinkles up his nose and starts with a ten minute smilefest! He's becoming a lot more interactive and is starting to "talk" to us. He's discovering that he has hands and has been caught trying to stick his whole fist in his mouth! I swear he is the easiest baby I've ever had. He is just so happy and content and you can tell that he just knows that he is loved!




Thanksgiving is coming up soon and for the first time ever I will be hosting it at my home. Everyone knows that cooking is low on my list of talents, somewhere like at a ranking of negative 100? So it should be interesting to say the least. Actually I'm looking forward to the challenge and to having my home filled with all of my family and creating a new memory for Garrett's first Thanksgiving. Too bad little monster doesn't get to eat any of the meal...maybe he will be able to taste the turkey or stuffing in his breastmilk.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gostei muito desse post e seu blog é muito interessante, vou passar por aqui sempre =) Depois dá uma passada lá no meu site, que é sobre o CresceNet, espero que goste. O endereço dele é http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . Um abraço.