Sunday, August 26, 2007

Still pregnant! 37 weeks, 5 days...

Well the days definitely are dwindling down rapidly...I can't believe in just less than three weeks there will be a new little person in our home! That is less than three weeks if I don't go past my due date...which I need to mentally prepare for the idea that it COULD happen. I would think (desperately hope!) not after all the pre-term labor I've had to deal with and the fact that I'm two centimeters dialated as of last Friday and the doctor called that "a good start."

I try to stay busy by "nesting." For those of you who don't know what this means it's defined by another website quite well.

"Nesting- "This is an uncontrollable urge to clean one's house brought on by a desire to prepare a nest for the new baby, to tie up loose ends of old projects and to organize your world."

Those of you who know me know that I am NOT known for my housekeeping ability. I can admit that I am very much domestically challenged as cooking and cleaning are not my forte. Not that I live in filth or anything mind you, but my house is usually cluttered and things like scrubbing floors always seem to be low priority. I can also be woman enough to admit my shortcomings as a domestic diva bleed over to being very, very unorganzied. Clothes do get laundered but rarely put away in their proper drawers. But now we meet "Super House cleaner Heather" I love this new personality that's coming out of me! I can't stop cleaning. It's like some crazed mission that I'm actually DUSTING picture frames and the bottoms of my dining room chairs. (LOVE LOVE the swiffer duster!) I am much more driven suddenly to keep my surroundings neat, clean, and organized. Things like a granola bar wrapper left strewn about send me into a tizzy! This is not me!! Who is this woman? I have gone through closets that I have been putting off going through for years. I have probably used at least three bottles of laundry detergent this month alone. The Goodwill Store has also been the recipient of about six bags of clothing that my children, myself, and Mike outgrew years ago. I fear I'm running out of things to clean! I think I might tackle the fridge tonight...there are unknown science experiments sprouting from the crisper drawer.

Nesting rocks! 16 more days til he's due! I just need one more week and I'm ready!

No comments: