Sunday, July 15, 2007

31 Weeks

Friday the 13th wasn't a bad day for me this year, nothing horrible happened, however it was my 31 week doctor appointment. Garrett is still doing great, growing bigger and had a heartbeat of 160 beats per minute. I was relieved to find out I passed the 3 hour gestational diabetes test after I had failed the one hour test. Everyone keeps telling me that I look like I am about ready to pop any day...even the nurse at the appointment looked at me twice when she read in my chart that I was at 31 weeks and said "honey, you look more like 38!" These people just don't realize how big I get when I carry babies. I show right away (at 8 weeks) and just get bigger and bigger. So now there are 9 weeks left until my due date, I'm really hoping to go in the "safe range" of two weeks before my due date, which is closer to 7 weeks. Although I am getting very nervous because I don't have hardly anything ready yet! I did spend Saturday cleaning out the rather large walk-in closet portion of our room that will be the "baby's room." Now all we need is to move the crib in. I had gotten up early that day and gone to a rummage sale in a shall we say "upscale" part of town and hit the jackpot on 0 to 3 month size clothes. At least if he did come early now he would have a basinette to sleep in and some clothes to wear so I don't feel completely uprepared anymore. My wonderful mother in law is throwing my shower on the 28th, I can't wait!!! After that I will know what I have left to buy and can get the rest of everything ready. I can't believe that in less than 60 days there will be a whole new human being joining our family.

Here's how big I look as of Friday the 13th...(exactly 31 weeks)










And here are the pictures of the things I purchased to match our John Lennon Nursery collection that are on their way! I will post the pictures of the room as soon as it is finished, hopefully in the next few weeks.



No comments: